Samsung Pay Card launches in UK, powered by fintech Curve
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has today announced that the new Samsung Pay Card, powered by Curve, and in conjunction with global payments technology company Mastercard, will be available from August 18th. With ONE simple to use digital-first card, Samsung Pay Card gives users complete control over their spending, without the fuss of having to change banks.
This isn’t another bank card. From debit cards to credit cards, the all-new Samsung Pay Card collates everything in one place, offering Samsung Pay users greater coverage than ever before. By utilising Curve’s unique technology, alongside Mastercard’s worldwide acceptance footprint, Samsung Pay users enjoy a better banking experience through their Samsung smartphone and smartwatch, whilst gaining the rewards they want along the way.
- ONE digital-first card: Samsung Pay Card deploys Curve technology to bring together all Mastercard and Visa banking cards in one place, modernising the banking experience without the fuss of changing banks.
- It’s not too late: With the unique ‘Go Back in Time’ functionality, customers can move transactions from one card to another after they’ve been made, giving customers more flexibility and control of their spending.
- Get paid to spend and experience exclusive rewards: Customers can claim instant 1% cashback on top of their existing rewards from a choice of a wide range of brands. As an added bonus, and exclusive to the Samsung Pay Card, customers can also earn 5% on all purchases at Samsung.com.
- Save on fees when spending abroad: Samsung Pay Card allows all customers access to the mid-market rate throughout the week, cheaper than the currency conversion fees offered by many high street banks.
- Vault-like security: Samsung Knox enables customers to enjoy their mobile experience with confidence. With proactive, always-on protection straight out of the box, Samsung’s multi-layered defence-grade security offers protection to customers’ finances. In the event of a smartphone loss, access to Samsung Pay Card can be instantly locked remotely using another device from the Samsung ecosystem, without having to contact banks directly – and ‘Find My Mobile’ helps you find it.
- See the full picture: For a crystal-clear understanding of payments, customers can see transactions across different cards via the Timeline View in the Curve app, or recent transactions in Samsung Pay, with real-time notifications.
- Samsung Pay, refreshed: Utilising Curve’s unique platform, the Samsung Pay Card covers all major credit and debit cards from Mastercard and Visa in the UK, meaning almost everyone can now use Samsung Pay. Combined with the usage of AMEX and loyalty cards already available via Samsung Pay, this gives customers the ultimate one-stop-shop (or app), meaning they don’t have to compromise on any of their loyalty, reward or banking needs.